- RSS Channel Showcase 5893477
- RSS Channel Showcase 9427258
- RSS Channel Showcase 6701257
- RSS Channel Showcase 6590415
Articles on this Page
- 06/12/15--05:58: _The Stunning Loss o...
- 08/02/15--07:58: _Facebook's Communit...
- 08/03/15--13:51: _Top 3 Facebook Fail...
- 08/04/15--14:58: _Social Algorithms a...
- 08/14/15--07:10: _The Loss of Leaders...
- 08/25/15--12:08: _Un-Social Media on ...
- 01/28/16--09:36: _SEO is Dead. Is SEM...
- 02/07/16--05:44: _Take Back Facebook:...
- 02/09/16--14:24: _OFFICIAL: Facebook ...
- 03/01/16--18:56: _Why We Keep Using F...
- 03/08/16--19:09: _What Facebook Reach...
- 04/20/13--07:20: _Managing the Inform...
- 07/26/13--04:23: _The Social Sharing ...
- 07/13/14--09:28: _Leaving Facebook fo...
- 01/02/15--05:55: _Facebook Angst: Are...
- 08/08/17--13:35: _The Social Media Pr...
- 08/15/17--06:04: _Livening Up Faceboo...
- 08/24/17--05:36: _11 Steps to Transfo...
- 08/29/17--10:37: _The Facebook Trap: ...
- 08/30/17--12:40: _Content Is Still Ki...
- 06/12/15--05:58: The Stunning Loss of Google+
- 08/03/15--13:51: Top 3 Facebook Fails That Make My Blood Boil, Daily!
- 08/04/15--14:58: Social Algorithms and Political Sharing on Facebook & Twitter
- 08/14/15--07:10: The Loss of Leadership in Social Media is Killing Social Business
- 01/28/16--09:36: SEO is Dead. Is SEM Dead Now Too?
- 02/07/16--05:44: Take Back Facebook: The LIKE-Cycle vs The Deadpool
- 02/09/16--14:24: OFFICIAL: Facebook Reach is Pay-to-Play
- 03/01/16--18:56: Why We Keep Using Facebook: The Good, Bad, and Fail
- 03/08/16--19:09: What Facebook Reach Looks Like with 2,000 Followers
- 04/20/13--07:20: Managing the Information Overload of Social Media
- 07/26/13--04:23: The Social Sharing Golden Rule: "And What Excites You About That?"
- 07/13/14--09:28: Leaving Facebook for 99 Days – Recovering the Creative Energy
- 01/02/15--05:55: Facebook Angst: Are We Just Whining? Or Does Facebook Suck?
- 08/08/17--13:35: The Social Media Problem
- 08/15/17--06:04: Livening Up Facebook: The Next Generation
- 08/29/17--10:37: The Facebook Trap: A Black Hole of Time and Loss
The future ahead will continue to be dominated by Facebook and Twitter. Both of which make enormous mistakes every business cycle as they strive for profits over people. But there is hope.
If 95% of the 5% of the people that actually engage with a business online are ignored, that leaves MOST (what's 5% of 5%?) facebook users IGNORED! How's that grab you for social media for business using facebook?
You think I am being sarcastic, but I am dead serious. The collaborative working environment is terrible in Facebook. And you'd think for a company making that much money, they'd get their developer and marketing manager tools squared away. You'd be wrong.
The post Top 3 Facebook Fails That Make My Blood Boil, Daily! appeared first on uber.la.
We've heard it called many things: Confirmation bias. Influence bubble. Like-minded people flock together. Some interesting data is being pulled from the clouds to determine the linkage between us and our political views. And even more data is being organized and sold to allow businesses to sell you more products and services. Ad infinitum. Here's a chart [...]
The post Social Algorithms and Political Sharing on Facebook & Twitter appeared first on uber.la.
While everyone in the business world seems to be complaining about Twitter's future and crowing about Facebook's success, the reality of our social media for business world is much more grim. I've been a vocal advocate of "keeping it real and real-time" since 2009. And in the beginning most people agreed with me. But today, [...]
The post The Loss of Leadership in Social Media is Killing Social Business appeared first on uber.la.
Let others know you are alive and clicking To say the sloping off of my organic reach on Twitter is depression would be an understatement. Looks like in mid-February my reach took a dive. I'm certain my followers didn't change. I didn't suddenly lose 90% of my interested followers, but I lost 90% of my [...]
The post Un-Social Media on LinkedIn & Twitter: Are You Ready to Pay for Reach? appeared first on uber.la.
Let's get our terms straight first. SEO – search engine optimization SEM – search engine marketing SMM – social media marketing Social Marketing – PAID social marketing – paying for reach on Facebook and other networks. SEO is dead primarily because the Google algorithm has changed to value currency and relevancy over keyword density and keyword metatags. [...]
Here's how to make Facebook your own again. LIKE things you LIKE. Share things you really like. If you want more friends ask. If you want more followers publish funny or helpful stuff. In this way you begin to see more of the stuff you LIKE and you help promote the posts you LIKE to [...]
The post Take Back Facebook: The LIKE-Cycle vs The Deadpool appeared first on uber.la.
Gone are the days when your posts were seen by 50% of the people who followed (friends in the business world) your business page. Today's organic (unpaid) reach is about 1% – 3% depending on the virility of your content. And I'm guessing you're seeing about 1% reach. There's another way, but it's going to [...]
Let's talk for a second about what the intention of Facebook as a social network is: A place to keep up with friends A place to share what's good and what's hard in your life A place to ask for support A place to wish distant "friends" happy birthday An advertising platform A personal soapbox [...]
The post Why We Keep Using Facebook: The Good, Bad, and Fail appeared first on uber.la.
Your mileage may vary, but the days of 20% organic reach, of just a few years ago, are long gone. Today, building an audience on Facebook is more about building the group you can pay to reach when you have a post you want to boost.
The post What Facebook Reach Looks Like with 2,000 Followers appeared first on uber.la.
Our problem is not information overload, it is filter failure. // Every morning when I wake up the media and inputs are screaming for my attention. It is up to me what I want to spend time contemplating, writing about, working on. Every single day we have to filter out thousands of messages, grabbing for our mental bandwidth. How do you FILTER? How do you determine what to pay attention to, what to mute (unsubscribe from) and what to simply ignore?
Before you hit the "share," "comment," or "check-in" button, ask yourself, "And what excites you about that?" and try to add that extra tidbit of content on as part of the social share.
The post The Social Sharing Golden Rule: "And What Excites You About That?" appeared first on uber.la.
As an email and contact platform Facebook is just "one more" device that I needed to check. Now, I've deleted the Facebook app from my phone, and that right there is about 50% of my distracted phone time, that I now have to do something else with.
The post Leaving Facebook for 99 Days – Recovering the Creative Energy appeared first on uber.la.
Facebook is a long way from becoming a ghost town, it's just currently more like a superhighway littered with billboards. We'd really like it to be a cosy cafe where we could enjoy a cup of coffee and conversation with a friend or to.
The post Facebook Angst: Are We Just Whining? Or Does Facebook Suck? appeared first on uber.la.
Are you a bit tired of Facebook these days? Do you miss seeing posts from all of your friends instead of the 2% FB thinks is relevant to you? I sure do. Today's social media world is much too targeted and too focused on commerce at all costs. Big data gives up information about [...]
I've been experimenting with Facebook again. I was tired of the echo chamber my feed had become. The same 20 folks. The same lame news sources. So I did something radical. I started following all of Facebook's suggestions for me. Following so many folks that Facebook ran out of people to suggest. If we had [...]
You see about 5% of your friend's stuff and the rest is curated and targeted marketing. But don't give up hope, there are some strategies that still work on Facebook and don't cost you any money.
The post 11 Steps to Transforming My Facebook Masterplan: Reach and Engagement appeared first on uber.la.
Facebook is fun. It's addictive. It's designed to be addictive. The more Facebook can keep you on Facebook the more ads they are able to serve up to your account and your friend's accounts. But Facebook is killing your productivity. Take a break from Facebook for the day and see how much more you get [...]
Here are my 60-day stats for Uber.la. And the most amazing thing I notice about these numbers is how low my social referrals are. I socialize my content daily on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and according to these referral stats only 57 people came to Uber.la via Facebook. That seems very low. And how can [...]
The post Content Is Still King: Driving Traffic to your Site with Search and Social appeared first on uber.la.